Wednesday 19 February 2014

GR Strips - Maybe She's Born With It (and holy crap we're updating)


Wow. We're actually updating. Holy crap.

It's been a while since we've updated, a long while. I believe our last comic was uploaded last year 2013 in September so yeah, it's been a while.

Lucky for me I've received an awesome opportunity. Recently I've been working in collaboration with the staff of GameRevolution.com and together we've come up with "GR Strips", a weekly web comic featured at GameRevolution, that relates to all the latest news in the world of gaming. Each strip is released Friday/Saturday (America/Australia).

The folks of GameRevolution are allowing me to upload GR Strips right here at Reckless Abandon, which allows me to not only expand my portfolio but to also update Reckless Abandon which makes me very happy. Each strip is released one week prior to GameRevolution first before being uploaded here at Reckless Abandon a week later.

I've been following GameRevolution since 2006 and it's easily my favourite gaming website when it comes to news, previews and reviews. I've also been an active user on their forums for a few years now too. Stop by and check it out!

So this comic is about the recently released Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for the PS4. The PS4 version looks absolutely amazing. It looks even better than the PC version on the highest settings. Strangely though, the developers seem kinda obsessed with how "realistic" they've made Lara Croft this time around, in particular with her hair. I haven't played it yet because I'm told if you've played it once before, you don't need to play it again. If you've yet to play the 2013 reboot of Tomb Raider and you happen to have a PS4? Now is the time.

Speaking of the PS4, I got one at launch and sadly I don't have any games except for Assassin's Creed IV: Blackflag. I really enjoyed Blackflag, although to be honest I didn't really care much for the actual assassin's plot, all I wanted to do was run around and be a pirate. Still, it's fun.

The Last of Us has finally got some storyline DLC which I'm looking forward to playing, Left Behind was released just recently and I'm looking to stab my shivs into that... man that sounds wrong.

That's it for now. Expect to see more soon! Thanks for reading.

-Craig (Cr33g)