Sunday 8 September 2013

Spy meets spy



Before I say anything, drawing x-ray vision style goggles to see through walls is hard.

It is hard to keep this comic updated when so much stuff happens and how busy things get... but enough of the excuses.

This strip is about the recently released Splinter Cell: Blacklist, the sixth installment of the Splinter Cell franchise, technically seventh if you're going to count Splinter Cell: Essentials on the PSP. I've been playing a lot of the competitive online multiplayer recently and I've gotten pretty good for a newbie, mostly because of the game breaking equipment I use, just like many other players. Spies have the option of using "sonar goggles", which seriously let them see through fucking walls. It's legit in-game wall hacking and I abuse it regularly, but as I said everyone has the option to use this. So when two enemy spies come across one another, both standing behind a wall dividing one another and both using sonar goggles... it becomes an awkward stalemate.

I'm a big fan of the Splinter Cell franchise. I've owned and played every game and while the last game, Splinter Cell: Conviction wasn't that great for me, Blacklist was great. It kept the game play mechanics of Conviction but bought back elements from the past, most notably Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory... so it was like taking the best things from Chaos Theory and Conviction and putting it into the one game. Even without the iconic Michael Ironside voicing Sam Fisher (now played by Eric Johnson), Blacklist is still good. I'll admit that Johnson does sound a little too young to be playing the early to mid fifties veteran Sam Fisher, but I got over it pretty quickly.

I recently picked up Diablo III for the PS3. I played it last year on my PC and I ended up getting pretty bored of it, but I grabbed it for PS3 because I thought it might be a good couch multiplayer game to play with mates, since the game can allow four player cooperative play on the one console and TV. I gave it a go and rolled a Demon Hunter, ended up getting to level fifteen in Act 2 so far. It's actually kinda fun and feels like a new, but familiar game on the PS3. It does feel a little easy though and the amount of rare and even legendary item drops seems to have increased from the PC version?

Grand Theft Auto V is coming out later this month, not long now actually. I was originally going to get it another time, maybe, but then in the end (more like a spur of the moment) I decided to pre-order. I am looking forward to playing it, but really I'm looking forward to late October for the release of Batman: Arkham Origins. I love the Arkham series and despite a new developer behind the wheel, Origins looks awesome.

If anyone's interested, I caved in and made an account over at Tumblr. Since I do a lot of drawing in my spare time, I figured it'd be another place I could put some of my artwork, as well as other silly things that you guys might enjoy looking at. I hope. Anyway, it's up there so check it out and I hope you like it.

That's all for now. I know all I always say this, but I hope to bring another comic strip up soon. Until next time.

-Cr33g (Craig)